Don’t you just love the word “rustic”. It can turn a slightly burnt, uneven brownie into a work of art. Well, almost.
Usually I would take a recipe and adapt it, however as I am yet to get the knack of gluten free baking I haven’t deferred from the original recipe.
The recipe can be found on Dove Farm’s website, here. I can promise you it is worth a try!
The recipe calls for:
- 150g plain chocolate
- 100g butter
- 200g sugar
- 100g gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
The website also contains suggestions to swap the butter and eggs to make a vegan brownie!
The brownie was starting to catch on the edges and I could not find my cake tester to see whether it was cooked in the middle so I opted for a knife (Hence the rather fed up looking face in the middle of said brownie, soz!)
In order to make the delight above preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4 (or in my case 5 as I have a rubbish oven!), 180C, Fan 160C or 350F.
- Melt together the butter and chocolate (I melted mine over a pan of boiling water to ensure the chocolate did not burn) Once melted place to the side to allow to cool a little.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Then add the 3 eggs and beat together.
- Once combined add the cooled chocolate and butter mixture and stir in.
- Pour the mixture into your lined/greased baking tray and bake for 22-25 minutes.
I hope yours turns out slightly less rustic than mine!