I thought I’d compile a list of date ideas – ones that I have tried and ones that I would like to try. With Valentine’s Day coming up it’s nice to celebrate but sometimes going out for a meal with the rest of the world’s loved up couples isn’t as romantic as it may first sound. So, here are my ideas for some cheap and not so cheap dates…
- Plan a picnic (an indoor one if the weather’s as cold where you are as it is here!)
- Do a workout video together (Youtube has lots for free)
- Find a recipe to cook together. Go out and buy the ingredients and make a day of it.
- Play some board games and card games – I love doing this and think it’s a great opportunity for conversation to flow, without forcing it.
- Have a movie day but turn your phones off!
- Have a bake off – whether you bake the same cakes or different see who can create a masterpiece.
- Museums (The ones in London are free)
- Make your own cocktails. If you don’t know where to start then the internet is full of recipes.
- Go for a walk (can be a country walk or just a walk to a coffee shop).
- Take a trip to the beach (Even in the cold, grey weather I love a trip to the beach – a walk along the sand and some chips!)
- Find somewhere to play pool – our local bowling place use to have a load of pool tables and so we would go and spend an evening playing and it only cost about £10.
- Take dance classes – If I had an ounce of rhythm then I would love to learn how to dance.
- Seasonal Markets – Summer fetes/ Christmas Markets, etc…
Not so Cheap –
- A Trip to the Zoo
- A Night Away – If you don’t feel like going out for a meal then choose a hotel with room service.
- Recreate your first date
- Go to the theatre/ Cinema
- Go Bowling
- Ice Skating
- Rock Climbing
- Go to a sporting event (Football Game, etc…)
- Go Horse Riding
- Go to a concert together – either choose an artist you both like or try someone new
- Go to a stand up comedy show
- Mini Golf – We’ve been to Junkyard golf in London a number of times and loved it! My co-ordination is terrible and so a couple of cocktails helped my skills.
- Visit local historical sites – I love wandering round historic houses and castles!
Let me know what your favourite date is?