I thought I’d do a little belated Valentine’s Day post to show you all how we celebrated – I also wanted to share the amazing cheesecake that I made. We decided not to do much, instead my boyfriend booked the following day off work so that we could have a day out somewhere. We did however swap cards and I made some yummy food.
I know many people are anti-Valentine’s Day but I love it. In an ideal world we would show everyone how much we appreciate them everyday but unfortunately life often gets in the way! It’s the perfect excuse to spend a bit more time together and remind each other of how much you appreciate them.
I couldn’t decide which card to get my partner and so I got him two! Was slightly awkward at the checkout paying for two cards – and my mum decided to embarrass me by telling me not to write the wrong names in them. Normally I would spend a fortune on a card but my mum persuaded me to have a look in the Card Factory and I got both of these for half the amount I would normally spend! We decided not to do presents as we’re trying to save but I wanted to get him something and so I settled for some creme eggs.
Great minds think alike and I got chocolates too! These are my absolute favourites.
We had a yummy dinner of veggie burgers filled with halloumi, homemade wedges and a gin! I also made this cheesecake which tasted amazing!!
To make this you will need:
1 pack of gluten free biscuits
60g butter – melted
1 tub of philadelphia
100g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 ml of cream
Mini eggs to decorate
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl (I used a potato masher) and mix in the sugar.
- Melted the butter and add it to the biscuit and sugar mix.
- Transfer the biscuit mix into a cake tin and use the back of a spoon to smooth out and push down.
- Put the base in the fridge to set
- Mix together the Philadelphia, icing sugar and vanilla essence
- Add the double cream to the mixture and use an electric whisk. Keep whisking the mixture until it begins to stiffen
- Spoon the mixture onto the base, decorate with the mini eggs and then pop back into the fridge to set
Trust me, it tastes amazing!!
I hope you all had a lovely Valentine’s Day whether you shared it with a partner, friends or yourself.