I was recently tagged in the Vogue 73 post by both Amy (sassy Cat Lady) and Meditative Owl. I love answering questions and so couldn’t wait to start writing this post. I’ll be honest I didn’t complete it in one sitting as I felt it was rather overwhelming.
This post is based on the magazine Vogue in which they asked celebrities 73 questions in order to find out more about them. The idea is that you complete the post and then tag some bloggers once you’re done.
I shall leave my tags at the end of the post!
My nominations are
(Please don’t feel any pressure to complete this post)
There’s so many more people I’d like to tag but I’m not sure of their urls so please if you’d like to complete it then you’re welcome to say I nominated you 🙂
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I’m afraid I’m one of those people. My usual Starbucks order is a soya caramel latte. I’m really not a fan of milk.
2. What does your workstation look like?
My workstation also doubles as my make up station – it’s really not ideal. It’s very messy and there’s not much room to work. Working from home I find myself relocating to different spots throughout the house during the day.
3. Favourite food?
Halloumi. We just spent a week in Spain where they don’t seem to sell it! I was at a complete loss what to eat and realised it makes up 99.9% of our dinners. Sorry not sorry.
4. Favourite author?
I love lots of different authors but if I had to choose my favourite I’d probably be stuck between Jenny Colgan and Ali McNamara. Both authors have the amazing ability to whisk you away into their world from the first word of the book.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
They’re not for me. I love sharing all of life’s moments with my boyfriend and can’t wait to grow old together and have all those memories of us to look back on.
6. What is your favourite video game?
I love the Sims. I haven’t been able to play it for years as my laptop is ancient now but one day I’d love to go back to it.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Having a coffee out. Back when I was at university it wasn’t unusual for me to visit multi coffee shops a day, however these days I’m much more aware of how expensive the drinks are. Some Saturdays we’ll treat ourselves to a coffee out and have a wander round the shops.
8. Favourite movie?
I’m not a huge movie fan, usually I have to be doing something else whilst watching. I guess if I had to choose my favourite I’d say Walking on Sunshine. It’s not about to win any Oscars but it’s my go-to feel-good movie and always puts a smile on my face.
9. Favourite book?
I have so many favourites! If I had to choose one I’d have to say The Summer of Serendipity by Ali McNamara, it’s one that’s really stuck with me. It’s a laid back love story with a hint of magic and Irish folklore woven in.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter. Instagram seems like two steps forward three steps back these days.
11. Desktop or laptop?
Laptop, I like to be able to relocate throughout the day.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
I remember years ago I was going to a dentist appointment for some fillings and I was terrified, my nan told me to remember that time never stops and it would be over soon. Whenever I’m doing something I don’t want to do or I’m feeling anxious about I remember that time never stops and eventually it will pass.
13. What project are you working on right now?
I have a few different things I’m working on right now, perhaps I’ll tell you all one day.
14. Favourite colour?
Green. This isn’t because it’s my favourite, it’s my little cousins favourite and therefore I now spot anything green a mile off.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I did, I was a little bit of a teacher’s pet.
16. Dream job?
17. Play any sports?
I like to play golf sometimes.
18. Do you have a degree?
I have a degree and a Masters in Law.
20. What’s your favourite kind of blog post?
I love a haul, especially with lots of pictures. With us saving at the moment my shopping is limited and so I feel like I’m shopping through others.
21. What do you like to collect?
Bags and coats.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words
Stubborn, Sarcastic, impatient (I’m really selling myself here… haha)
23. If you were a rapper, what would your stage name be?
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
My mum to tell her that I have a doctors appointment booked. I live such a fun life haha
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
A house. Failing that a new handbag?
26. Sorting house?
Slytherin. I’m too sarcastic for Gryffindor
27. How many tattoos do you have?
0. Myself and needles are not friends.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
I’ve been really grateful for the little things this year. My anxiety has stopped me from doing any big things and so I’ve learnt to appreciate small things, such as just popping out for a coffee or sitting in the sun for a few minutes.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
As I write this it’s the 1st of July and I can honestly say that not much good has happened so far this month. I’ve spent most of the day on the phone on hold, I also have a doctors appointment in an hours time.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I had cake for breakfast?
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Feeling calm! It’s super underrated.
32. Favourite season?
Summer. The sun and the warm weather just makes me feel so much better.
33. Favourite holiday?
Christmas! I have lots of fond memories from my childhood and now as an adult I love everything about the holiday.
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
I wouldn’t say there’s a particular character but if they’re clumsy and a little ditzy then I can relate.
35. Do you like surprises?
No. I’m useless at surprises, I like to plan things too much.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
My boyfriend has got me some amazing surprises for my birthday. One year we went to Edinburgh and last year we went to Rome.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I’m not sure I’ve ever cried at a surprise.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
As I’m not a huge fan of surprises I don’t tend to surprise others.
39. Do you like muffins?
I did before I discovered I couldn’t eat gluten anymore. Gluten free muffins just aren’t the same.
40. Do you cook often?
EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Cheesecake! It’s the one dessert that I think taste just as good being gluten free.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Controversial opinion but I hate fruit pies.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
Stir fry – it’s such a disappointing dinner.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Mayonnaise. I always put way too much on my plate.
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Cheesy chips. What else is there to eat at 4am on a random Saturday?
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
101 ways to cook halloumi
48. Best animated film?
Frozen – my boyfriend particular loves it when I sing along.
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
My boyfriend took me away to Rome for two nights last year for my birthday. It was amazing and we agreed that he shouldn’t try to top it.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Dribble beer down yourself. It worked for me. My boyfriend never lets me forget about it.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
I think the answer to the question above could apply to this one too.
52. What’s the best pick up line?
There is no such thing as a good pick up line.
53. Best comic book character?
I don’t really read comics.
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse
Indigestion tablets, Rescue Remedy and hand cream.
55. Favourite drink?
A cup of tea.
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll?
I hate sushi! It also isn’t the best when you’re vegetarian.
59. What lipstick do you use?
My go-to lipstick is MAC Spirit
60. What foundation do you use?
I used a Garnier BB Cream as I find most foundations cake on my skin.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Blow dry. You don’t want to see me with my air dried frizzy hair.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t really have a fashion icon. If I like something I’ll wear it.
63. Favourite Disney character?
Cinderella. I grew up with her being the ultimate princess.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
I’m going to look at Tiles with my mum. My life just gets even more exciting.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
The first time I watched Bad Neighbours I was howling, I think Zac Efron being in it helped.
66. Movie that made you cry?
If I stay and Marley and Me. I could never watch either of them again.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Someone who’s worse at singing than me, although you’d be hard pressed to find that person.
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be?
69. What’s your favourite animal?
Dogs. They just make me so happy.
70. Favourite illustrator?
I don’t have a favourite illustrator.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
Bit of an odd answer but I’d like to have a coffee with myself. My anxiety means I hate being in my own company so one day it would be nice to feel comfortable to sit and just have a coffee on my own.
72. What country would you like to visit?
I’d love to visit America and see more of it. I’ve been there as a child but only visited Florida.
73. Best way to decompress?
A good book and a cup of tea.